This course covers a wide variety of IT security concepts, tools, and best practices. It introduces threats and attacks and the many ways they can show up. Weâ€™ll give you some background of encryption algorithms and how theyâ€™re used to safeguard data. Then, weâ€™ll dive into the three As of information security: Authentication, authorization, and accounting. Weâ€™ll also cover network security solutions, ranging from firewalls to Wifi encryption options. The course is rounded out by putting all these elements together into a multi-layered, in-depth security architecture, followed by recommendations on how to integrate a culture of security into your organization or team.
At the end of this course, youâ€™ll understand:
– how various encryption algorithms and techniques work and their benefits and limitations.
– various authentication systems and types.
– the difference between authentication and authorization.
At the end of this course, youâ€™ll be able to:
– evaluate potential risks and recommend ways to reduce risk.
– make recommendations on how best to secure a network.
– help others to understand security concepts and protect themselves.