In this course, youâ€™ll learn how to use the major operating systems, Windows and Linux, which are a core component of IT. Through a combination of video lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on practice, youâ€™ll learn about the main components of an operating system and how to perform critical tasks like managing software and users, and configuring hardware.
By the end of this course youâ€™ll be able to:
– navigate the Windows and Linux filesystems using a graphical user interface and command line interpreter.
– set up users, groups, and permissions for account access.
– install, configure, and remove software on the Windows and Linux operating systems.
– configure disk partitions and filesystems.
– understand how system processes work and how to manage them.
– work with system logs and remote connection tools.
– utilize operating system knowledge to troubleshoot common issues in an IT Support Specialist role.
Except as otherwise noted, the contents on this site are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.