This course will transition you from working on a single computer to a whole fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT thatâ€™s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, youâ€™ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. Youâ€™ll learn how to manage and configure servers, how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, youâ€™ll learn how to recover your organizationâ€™s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster.
By the end of this course youâ€™ll be able to:
– utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization.
– understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work and how to manage infrastructure servers.
– manage an organizationâ€™s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP.
– choose and manage the tools that your organization will use.
– backup your organizationâ€™s data and be able to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster.
– utilize systems administration knowledge to plan improve processes for IT environments.
Except as otherwise noted, the contents on this site are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.